Together Forever

Thursday, July 15, 2010

The grass is always greener...or so that's what they say


We bugged and bugged our landlord for them to FINALLY cover up that dirt/sand patch in our backyard. FINALLY they did it last Saturday. Then, when it was done, I wish I had just left it alone. He didn't move any of the sand, or the rocks.He just laid that half dead grass right on top. And where did he get that grass? Did he steal it from someone else's yard? There is no way that is brand new grass.
Jeff has been faithfully watering that grass and the water just seeps down and floods on top of the sand. What a waste of money. It kills me everytime he goes out there to water the grass. I just see $$ going down the drain. Anyway. That is just another lesson that the grass isn't always greener. 
Literally.

1 comment:

Kaylene said...

I can't believe it!! The crazy thing is that the same thing happened to us. Our landlord knocked on our door and surprised us with grass. She had it delivered (on our driveway) and then hired guys to dig up the yard. A week later they laid the dead grass...they thought it would be fine if we watered it a lot. Our water bill was $100 more the next month and the back yard is still half dead! I hate stupid people especially when I have to pay for their mistake!


All because two people fell in love