Together Forever

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Why? What?

Zack is 2 1/2 years old. He hardly talks at all, but lately he has been saying more and more words, and talking in sentences sometimes! A couple days before I left for Hawaii I told him to do something and he says "Why?" I was so shocked that I just kind of looked at him, and then I was excited that he was actually saying words anyone could understand! Now, I can't stand the word! Everytime I ask him to do something, or tell him to do something, the answer is always "why?" Why can't I stick popcorn up my nose? Why can't I cross the street by myself? Why Why Why Why!? When I answer, he says why. It really is so cute to hear him use words and fun to see him questioning his world and asking questions. Maybe that means he will be a leader and not a follower.
His other word is What? I have to admit, I still like that one. He has the sweetest little voice.
It just made me think about how we can't wait for our kids to talk and then when they do, we want them to be quiet. I try to remind myself of this when all I hear is why. I am grateful my kids can speak well and express themselves so well. I love them so much!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

So true! My youngest Amy didn't talk at all until she was three, but once she started she never stops! That girl can talk and talk and talk and I just have to remind myself to be grateful because we were worried for a while.


All because two people fell in love