I know I am not done with Hawaii yet, but I had an odd realization today. I have never been one that says not to let your kids sleep with you. When they are babies, it is so much easier, and sometimes when they are older it is nice to be next to them for awhile. But Andrew and Ethan have always preferred sleeping in their own beds. I didn't count on Zack, who lately will only sleep if he is in bed with me. Today for naps he was so tired, but threw the biggest fit when I put him in his bed. So I take him out, as a test, and lay him down in my bed. He was asleep before I could even get the other boys in bed. What the heck? So now I am in a situation where the only time I will get any sleep at night is if he sleeps with me. I am not really happy about this. I don't like sleeping with kids all night long because they touch you while you are sleeping, and I can't sleep with someone touching me.
Jeff says it is because we have been gone, and I have been out at night working on Pampered Chef so he misses me and it will calm down when our schedule relaxes a little. What do you think? Am I on the path of having a child sleeping with me until he is like 13? I am not okay with that! Just wondering if you guys have any ideas as to what to do.
4 comments:
My kids sleep in my bed so I can't really say much. How old is he again? Can you put him in his bed and leave the room and just tough it out with his whining and crying for a couple of days until he realizes that is his only choice? You could even try to put a gate up in his doorway so he doesn't leave his room. Sorry I couldn't be more help with that.
Nicole, He is 2 1/2. I would absolutely make him tough it out, except we only have 2 bedrooms and if I make him do that, he keeps the other boys up. He slept in his bed all night last night, so I hope that this is a start. Maybe he has spent enough time with me he doesn't need to sleep with me too. I hope so! thanks!
Oh yes, that makes it hard. I hope last night was a start for you! Good luck! xoxo
Oh I am so right there with you. I think that it depends on recent circumstances. If you have been gone a lot, due to busy schedules and stuff, then I do think that it is his attempt of feeling security. But if nothing has changed too drastically than I think he is totally playing your card. I love love love that I get to check in on your lives in California. I still miss your family and have to many wonderful memories of good ole Maricopa. Your boys are as beautiful as I remember them. Take care!
Post a Comment