Together Forever

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Last night, some unpleasant things happened. It was late and my friends on this side of the world would be in bed, but I needed to talk to someone. After a call to a west coast friend I realized I could call my Dad and Ruth. They were the perfect people to talk to. I didn't think Jeff would be awake when I got home, and amazingly enough he was. So I got to talk to him. Then this morning I read Steph's blog and there was a quote on there "Dear God, thank you for this beautiful life and forgive me if I don't love it enough." I realized as I was surrounded by my sweet boys (because they were so excited to see Steph's face!) that I have a beautiful life. These unpleasant things that happened will only allow me to enjoy my life that much more. I am so blessed to have the family that I have. Not everybody had parents that loved them as much as mine. Not everyone has big brothers that never were mean to them and that I can count on just as much as my Dad. I have 5 dads! How lucky am I? Not everyone had a mom that would do anything for them, no matter the cost to their own desires or wants. I have 3 sisters in law that love me as though I were their flesh and blood. 4 if you count Ashley :). And I love them too and have a hard time remembering when they were not part of my life. Now there is Ruth! How lucky am I to have a step-mom that loves me like my mom loves me! (Since I know you read this, I LOVE YOU!)



I have a husband who loves me despite all of my weaknesses and faults that he gets to experience first hand. He knows me better than I give him credit for. :) And then there are my boys. My sweet, wild and crazy bounce off the walls, and so loving boys. Where would I be without them? I haven't even gotten to my friends. I have friends that are like family in every state and place I have ever lived. It's hard to keep up with all of them, but when we do connect its like there was a day between visits.
I've known all of these things for a while now. But when unpleasant situations arise, I'm reminded even more of these positive things so that I can move past the bad things.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet! It made our evening when you called - it is nice to still be needed!!! Love you too!

Jennifer Edling said...

What a wonderful post! Isn't it amazing to have a gratitude ahh-hah! moment. I love those. They get me through the rough spots. I know I'm not family, but if you ever need a friend to talk to, call anytime! Love you!

Unknown said...

Oh, Mem! I hope you are doing okay. From what I'm reading, you have the best attitude ever. I miss you and love you tons and tons.

Unknown said...

P.S. Call me anytime. Seriously. It would be therapy for both of us. ;) (801)648-6576.


All because two people fell in love