Together Forever

Thursday, August 11, 2011

JFK

Jeff's mom came to visit for 2 weeks in July and she happens to have a "thing" for JFK. Her birthday is November 22. For those of you who know your history you will understand her connection with him. For those that don't, that was the day JFK was assassinated here in Dallas. He was her favorite president even before then, so it was especially traumatizing. THEN on top of all that, for YEARS after, her birthday was always known as this sad and tragic event and it was rehashed on tv and radio for years. Poor girl had a depressing spot on her birthday! 

So. Anyway. When she was here she wanted to visit the spot of the assassination. It was interesting hearing her take on the story and see her placing the events she saw on tv so long ago with what was right in front of her.
The 2nd window down from the top on the right is the window that the assassin shot from



Here is the castle building that JFK's car came from before he was shot. 

And here are my boys playing in this pool of water. BECAUSE IT WAS BLAZING! I try so hard to be nice when I'm hot. I really do. I don't know how successful I was at this point. I wanted to jump into that dirty water and soak myself. I refrained. The boys couldn't help themselves.

Jeff and his mom. Maybe one day we can go back and go through the museum and walk around. When it's cold, or nice. Most likely cold because there are only two temperatures here:Cold and Hot. :) I want to go back because this really was a cool part of Dallas that I would love to explore more of. 

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

And I always thought the shot came from the grassy knoll! :)


All because two people fell in love