Together Forever

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Massage Envy

For my birthday Jeff got me a gift card to Massage Envy. :) I have never had a real massage before! I was a little nervous because I didn't know what to expect, but when she started I wasn't really worrying about anything after that......However, when she had me flip over I was totally dizzy. It started to go away but when I stood up it got worse again. Because I had never had one before, I didn't think too much of it, but it lasted for a while. Then I started to get short of breath and felt like I was going to have an anxiety attack. She had used essential oils and I think because I use those semi-regularly it brought up some emotions that I had repressed. It was not fun, but when I got home I used my oils that I had here and it helped to calm me down. Then I had the BEST nights sleep that I have had in a LONG time. Even though the kids kept waking me up (for some reason) I still woke up very rested.

I hope to be able to try this again without those yucky side effects, just the positive ones! :)

3 comments:

xohappyhealthyfoodie said...

Adam took me to get a massage one year for my birthday. I was a little nervous myself, being without close on! haha. I enjoyed it very much though. I never use oils, so that was all new to me. Sorry you had some negative side effects!! Glad you were able to get a good nights sleep though!!! I still need to take you out to lunch for your birthday!! I don't work tomorrow, but you probably have plans. Next week?

Anonymous said...

I got a year membership for Christmas there. Feel free to tag along whenever you want....I can always drive you home if you get dizzy :)

xohappyhealthyfoodie said...

So I just wanted to make sure you hadn't commented back on here, because I totally forgot to check the past couple days. I just noticed I spelled clothes wrong. Wow! haha


All because two people fell in love