My friend Megan was giving away free tickets to the zoo that needed to be used by the 31st. Jeff happened to have that day off and I wanted to go to the zoo, but finances being what they are it wasn’t going to happen. So I was SO excited when I saw her post on Facebook!
It wasn’t terribly cold outside, but the later it got the colder it got and so all the animals were laying in whatever sunlight there was and in some cases that meant we couldn’t really see them. L
The Museum of Living Art was really cool, even if I don’t really care for all the insects and snakes and lizards that were in there. My boys loved it and that is what matters. J
I got a really cool picture of the penguins because he was right in front of me, with only a piece of glass separating us.
It was a great way to end the year with my family.
This elephant picked up this stick and stuck it into his chest and then just stood there moving back and forth. Not sure why, it must have felt good or something! The people coming up behind me thought someone had been mean to the elephant putting the stick there. Lol
Later that night we had a BBQ at a friend’s house and the next day we went to another friend’s house to watch Inception on their cool TV with surround sound. We let all 8 kids roam the house and occupy themselves while we were watching the movie. I was surprised the house wasn’t more thrashed!
It was a great time and I hope we all do that again! I hope that all of you who read this had a wonderful New Year! I hope all your resolutions get completed and that 2011 is a wonderful year for everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment