Together Forever

Monday, June 21, 2010

Thoughts on Father's Day

Yesterday was kind of a neat day. I was sitting in Sacrament meeting at the end of the bench by the wall watching my boys. A few months ago, you couldn't have pried Zack away from my side. He would not go to Jeff-ever and the older boys preferred me too. Now we have lived here a month, Jeff has days where sometimes he is just home working on the computer or we take time to go exploring. He is just around so much more! I noticed on Sunday that the boys were all over him! Zack was sitting on his lap, the big boys were fighting over sitting on his lap and I was a lone woman sitting at the end of the row. :) It made me so happy that Jeff is finally having the opportunity to spend time with the boys. No we don't have a lot of money, and no we can't put them in sports, but because of all that he can play with them and just BE there with them. It's a great blessing that I am only just now realizing. Maybe that is why we don't have the money to put them into the camp that would have them gone most of the time. Sure it would have been nice for ME, but for JEFF this is better. I wish I could have taken a picture. It was so cute and he was so bewildered as to what to do with all the attention.
As an example, Saturday we set up this little pool that we bought because it is SO STINKIN HOT HERE! I swear, Arizona has nothing on Texas heat! Anyway, I blow up the pool and leave Jeff to fill it up. I don't see Jeff for awhile and I go outside to see what's happening. And this is what I find....
They are all swimming around in circles with Zack riding on Jeff's back. (they stopped when I pulled out the camera-of COURSE! :))
It's moments like these when I forget for a moment that I miss my family and my friends like crazy and appreciate the time we have together, just the 5 of us.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Isn't it amazing the things that surprise us are the things we appreciate the most!

Anonymous said...

love this!!!!!! <3


All because two people fell in love