Zack was promised a trip to the bowling alley if he would start going potty in the potty. I read the book, potty train in less than a day, and I turned it in and decided I would wait until he told me he wanted to go. After all, that is what Ethan and Andrew did! So I waited and waited. Nothing happened. I was going to start babysitting a little newborn and thought I should just give it a go before I did that. So I went and got "pee pee" candy (Zack's words), or M&M's rather. Stickers and a piece of paper. I stuck it up on the wall and made a big deal about wearing underwear and all that. He did great the first day! He went every time I asked him to and he even pooped on the 2nd day! woo hoo! Getting pretty excited! Then I decided to let him take the lead and tell me when he had to go. He peed in his underwear 3 times in one day. I didn't want to buy pull ups because I thought that would defeat the purpose of the underwear. And I didn't want to spend the money either. So after we had just been in the bathroom at Applebees for Andrew's birthday and we ran over to Toy's R Us and he peed the minute we walked in, I gave up. (Can you tell I'm not very patient? :)) I slapped a diaper on his bum and said he could wear them forever for all I cared! The next day he started going potty in the potty every time he had to go. Including poop. We traveled to AZ and back (18 hrs! each way) and he has had ONE accident since! Not even at night does he need the pull ups that I caved in and bought for him. AMAZING. So he really earned this fun trip to the bowling alley.
He likes to play bowling on my iPod and he is really good at it, so he was SO frustrated that it didn't transfer over into real life. He would get so mad that his ball went so slow down the lane. It was pretty hilarious. He would make the funniest poses waiting for his ball to slowly go down the lane. I couldn't catch them though, dang it.
This was after their game was over and it was time to go. Zack proceeded to scream bloody murder for the next hour. He didn't want to leave. I was regretting letting him go for awhile there! But it was a fun memory for us to share as Mom and sons! I love these boys!
No comments:
Post a Comment