Together Forever

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Trace Adkins - You're Gonna Miss This


Yesterday afternoon, Jeff got home a little early. The boys ran in the door from school and all was chaos. But then, little by little, homework got done, snacks were eaten and we all ended up in the family room doing various activities. Jeff was working, I was watching Biggest Loser with Andrew, and Ethan was playing with Legos. I looked around and realized that these are the days! At the beginning of the summer it was WEIRD having Jeff around so much. I mean hello! you aren't called a Milgard widow for nothing! I tried really hard to enjoy it though because I knew it wasn't going to last. There were days I did better than others with not getting frustrated with having another adult around all the time. Questioning what I was doing, having to explain why I was just laying on the couch after a particularly long day of kids having nothing to do. It got irritating sometimes! However, NOW, Jeff is only 3 weeks away from having an office. So that means he won't be at home sitting on the couch finishing up his work. He is going to be in an office in Arlington doing that. In a lot of ways, I am SO looking forward to that. All his "stuff" will be in the office and not scattered everywhere here at home. But I am going to miss seeing him randomly in the middle of the day. I'm going to miss being able to watch tv with him in the afternoon while he works. I'm REALLY going to miss being able to run to the store sans children because he is upstairs working.
So like this song says, each moment in our lives is important. We need to cherish them because one day we will miss all this stuff! (Even though in this moment its hard to imagine that we will miss tripping on toys in the middle of the night, or little sticky hands all over the walls.)

3 comments:

The Bundy Family said...

You are absolutely right. I am trying to focus on the positive, in a world of chaos. I remember the days just a few months ago of Ammon home and everything that comes with that. I totally get that. I love that you put that video on and totally enjoyed listening and picturing my life. It is a good life and I am so grateful for good friends like you. There are so many things that I admire about you and will never forget. All of the friends that I made in Maricopa seem to have stamped a permanent place in my heart and will forever remain special to me. Take care!

xohappyhealthyfoodie said...

You are so right! Each moment in our lives is so important. Sometimes we just get so caught up in our routines that we forget to take a moment and enjoy our surroundings. Thanks for the reminder!!

p.s. I LOVE those family photos by the train. You have such a cute family!!

Anonymous said...

there is no doubt....you may not miss the tripping part...but you will miss the laughter, the hugs, the tears, the fights, even the finger prints....yup, no doubt about it!


All because two people fell in love