Together Forever

Monday, October 6, 2008

Conference this weekend was amazing. I really felt that all these talks were directed towards me. Especially Saturday. I took lots of notes, (which I have never done before) and I really hope to apply all the teachings our wonderful leaders felt inspired to share. Life has been hard lately. This economy has really affected my family. Jeff works in the house building industry so you can all understand why. So between starting up a new business, me doing preschool, and 3 crazy boys, Jeff and I hardly have time to spend together, alone. Toddler years are so much harder than you ever think that they will be. Off track months remind you of why you were very excited for your energetic 5 year old to go to school. I know that these days pass so fast, but there are times when it feels like I am standing still. So many things on the to-do list, but never enough energy. Why is all the energy given to kids? What about us moms? What do you guys do for energy to keep up with everything? How do you balance it out? I try to plan my day the night before so that I can keep up on a schedule, but that just doesn't work for me right now. Is it the 3rd kid? or is it just me? I have some of the greatest friends. They are true examples to me of what a mom and a wife and a friend should be. Even when the chips are down, we have so much to be thankful for. Its hard to remember that sometimes. Thanks for listening to my musing. Comment if you want! Thanks!

5 comments:

Rachel Kirk said...

Your just like all of us. I loved the standing still comment. I feel that all the time. Why are we always so tired?! Your a good mom. Sometimes we just have to put off all on our list and just hang out. I love those days. Talk to you soon!

BL said...

you are not alone! the economy has been a tough thing for many people! What helps me is just to realize how short life is! Its hard to see the big picture, but if we can- even for just one moment- it seems to help.

Gina said...

Your not alone sweetie! We are all that way, some just hide it better than others! Life is just a continued negotiation between time and money! You never have enough of either....its a struggle between the two! I just remember an poem i received about always keeping close to the special women around you...They usually give you good advice and for the most part keep you sane! Because those silly boys have NO idea sometimes...most times! I'm right there with ya sista!
and here is a public shout out....YES ON 8!! Woot Woot!!!
See you Friday!!

Brenda said...

Memory, I can't believe you guys have 3 kids!!! Good for you! It is the 3rd kid that throws you for a giant loop, don't lose hope. Also, you have 3 (!) boys in a row, I only have 2 boys in a row and they were way rowdier than my boy-girl and girl-girl combos! Your family is beautiful!

Shalece said...

I know those feelings! All too well! And I only have 2 kids :) I loved General Conference because it helped me feel like I am not alone! We all struggle with different things, but I am grateful that mine are for the most part just being a tired mom with lots to do and never enough time :) The economy has hit everyone a bit I think.. hopefully it gets better soon :) We bought our house at the housing peak too ... lucky us :)


All because two people fell in love