One Saturday in May Jeff thought it would be fun to go geo-caching. Which is basically like a treasure hunt around your city.
On this particular day it was H.O.T. Miserable hot. At least for this time of year, I know it gets worse.
Add to this miserable hot day the fact that we could not find the stupid thing. We looked FOREVER. Then the kids and I went back to the park while Jeff continued to look, FOREVER.
I should insert here that I hate to be hot. I get cranky and just not very nice. I've improved over the years, but today was not one of those days. I was ready to drive away and go swim at my Dad's while Jeff kept looking.
The boys tried to have fun, but after awhile they got cranky and hot too. It killed the geo-caching bug for me. and the kids. But not Jeff! I will try it again in November. When it is perfect outside.
Now you know the ugly truth about me. I get cranky when it's hot. So if I say no to an outing that does not involve water and it is summer time, please don't be offended. :)
But these boys, are the best. They make being out in the heat worth it because I get to be with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment