So I did this AWESOME thing and DELETED ALL my June pictures, and all my 4th of July pictures. We had a blast though. Ruth planned a water relay, adults against kids, we were totally winning! But then I noticed our water kept getting emptied out of the bucket.....Ruth was dumping it out! We all made silly hats and wore them to brunch. It was 80* and raining which made it the perfect day of the summer. We swam in the rain and just had a total blast.
Everyone then came back to our house and we ate dinner, lit fireworks, played Phase 10 and waited for the fireworks to start. We were told it would be at the base, which is right behind our house, but it turned out it wasn't and we just caught them far away and through the trees in our front yard. Ended up being perfect because Ethan still has this fear of them and was getting more and more nervous as the night went along.
Shane saved the day with the pictures he took.
This is SO not a flattering picture of me, however, it is so classical of me and Jeff. In our wedding video you will see shots of his tongue near my ear while I'm smiling away. I had no clue. Until I saw the video. That was a funny day let me tell ya. It just sums up our relationship, right here in that picture.
This holiday was filled with Pinterest recipes. Some turned out, some didn't. The strawberries were one. Tip: DIP the strawberries in the sprinkles, don't sprinkle the sprinkles on top, it doesn't work so well. I see it as so obvious now, but at the time I was running around with my head cut off trying to get everything done. I'm still learning how to feed and entertain a large crowd!
Another recipe. Again, dip into the sprinkles. Much easier
Love this picture! Goofy Madison!
I think this picture is hilarious!
The poor Elder's had to rush and take their food home with them because they needed to be in their house by 6 and we barely got everything done by 6. I wanted to hang out with them, but rules are rules right?
Pinterest recipe score! We baked it in the oven and it was perfect. Crunchy and delicious!
Living by the base we see the F-16s daily, but it was fun having them fly over our house. They don't usually do that because we are not in the fly zone.
Playing in the gutter of rain water. Remember doing this as a kid? Jeff was disgusted and I felt like it was a right of passage. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment